Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Easy Run (4 miles - 33:29 - 8:22 min/mi)

I went out this early evening thinking that I was going to run outside on a trail. I drove to the WB&A Trail and found the park's driveway only plowed one lane. I found some way to park my car without getting caught in the snow and decided to find out if the trail had less snow than the parking lot. I trudged about 100 meters and then the snow height grew to about 8 inches deep. I turned around and drove to the local high school track. The track was not plowed.

I just scooped up some dinner for the family, went home and jumped on the treadmill for a four mile jaunt. I started slow at 6.7 mph (8:57 min/mi pace) then stepped it up to 8 mph (7:30 min/mi pace) for the third mile. I then ran the last mile at 7 mph for three laps and sprinted the last lap at 10 mph (6:00 min/mi).

No comments: