Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday Speedwork



Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Tuesday Speedwork

The Run

Standard warmup, run 2 sets of 2400m (1.5 miles) at 10K pace followed by 800m rest laps, then run 4 miles at goal marathon pace followed by 800m rest laps.

I ran this run during lunch and boy was it cold out there today. It was about 30 degrees Fahrenheit and blustery with I'd guess 30 mph wind gusts. I didn't anticipate getting ridiculous chaffing from wearing my cheesy, non-sports sweatpants and no Body Glide.


Mileage and time: 9.5 miles in 1:17:54
Route/terrain: Mullins Field in Fort Meade

Interval/race time:
  • Mile 1 - warm up mile in 8:46
  • First set of 2400m - 7:37 min/mi pace
  • Second set of 2400m - 7:33 min/mi pace
  • 4 miles - 8:12 min/mi pace
Temperature/time of day: 30 degrees/1:17 pm

How I felt
The wind in my face caused some slowdown, plus I failed to try hard on the 4 mile marathon pace segment. It was really cold and I limped around the office with horrible chaffing on my inner thighs from the cold weather (which caused me not to sweat) and bad sweatpants. I'll be surprised if I can run again for a few days. I'll just call it a break and pick it up again on Friday.

Morning weight: 193.6 lbs

Extra-credit
Day 2 of the first week of the one hundred push-ups challenge.
  • Set 1 - 10
  • Set 2 - 12
  • Set 3 - 8
  • Set 4 - 8
  • Set 5 - 16 (as many as possible with good form, at least 12)
I bailed at 16 with a couple still in me. I have a pain in my left bicep. I don't know why.

No comments: