Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday tempo run (10 mi @ 8:43)



Today is my oldest son's 9th birthday. Happy birthday Caleb! After enjoying a wonderful dinner of his favorites and then taking him to get a video game of his choice I jumped on the treadmill to pound out a 7 mile tempo run at my goal marathon pace.

The plan was to start my run with the standard warmup - a mile run at a 10 min/mi pace. I ran the next mile at an easy pace of 6.7 mph (8:57 min/mi). The next 7 miles were to be run at my projected marathon pace. I still don't know what pace I think I'll run at the next marathon, so I just ran 8 min/mi paces stopping to trot at 4 mph for 100 meters after every mile. This resulted in a 7 mile tempo pace of 8:21 min/mi, which I think will be acceptable in the marathon (a 3:38:46 finish time). Finally I finish the last mile at a very easy pace. The total mileage and time was 10 miles in 1:27:14.

Now it is time for bed. Good night.

No comments: