Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Easy Run (5 miles - 47:34 - 9:31 min/mi)

Saturday Easy Run (5 miles - 47:34 - 9:31 min/mi)

I did my easy run today on my basement treadmill. I wanted to run outside, but circumstance would not allow that today. I put the five miles in like its my job and set my sights on tomorrow's 20 mile long run.

I picked up a box of GU Tri-Berry Energy Gels from REI today with hopes that they will make my long run tomorrow manageable. I haven't run 20 miles since October's marathon. I remember that the Tri-Berry flavor was my favorite from the samplings I have taken in the past. My plan is to run 14 miles at an easy pace and run the last six at my goal marathon pace.

All this running is about training for my marathons this year, but I have yet to sign up for one. I was going to run the 49th annual Washington's Birthday Marathon this year, but might not be able to make that one due to another commitment. I think I might volunteer, which would be my first race volunteering effort and could be fun. I am registered for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run on April 11 and really want to do the SunTrust National Marathon on March 20. I really need a coach to prescribe for me a training plan to transition from this plan I am on that gets me ready for the marathon and one for the ten mile run.

No comments: