Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday easy pace run (7 miles @ 8:43 per)

Today's run: 7 miles in 1:01:09

As I write this there is a hostage negotiation going on in downtown Silver Spring at the Discovery Channel building. One of my neighbors works there, I used to hang out down there in my teenage years and I really hope that it ends peacefully. The media is salivating over having something exciting to do - its really weird.

I got today and was famished. I had to take a gel before even leaving the house or I wouldn't have had energy to complete the run. I've been tired. I tried to stay awake to watch the Daily Show last night but I am officially going to DVR it from now on because I have to get some rest. Being tired at work just won't do.

Tomorrow is my dreaded "quality run" day. I've got to run 8 miles in the morning, 6 miles at my tempo pace of 7:31/mile. Maybe my recollection is flawed, but this would've been easy in March, April or May. I really need a running log program that would allow me to query, "when was the last time I ran 6 miles at or around a 7:31/mile pace?" I guess I could write it.

No comments: