Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday Easy Run by lkwheel at Garmin Connect - Details



Today I dropped the boys off at First Tee golf class and went for a run on the Paint Branch Trail, which had me winding around the perimeter of my first Bachelors Alma Mater University of Maryland College Park. It was Maryland Day on the campus so I could hear the music and people as I scampered past the Comcast Center. I had never run this path before and I will now add it to my rotation of running paths.

I was supposed to do an easy five miles today, but my breathing and effort level was probably a bit above the easy pace. I did the five miles in 37:40 a 7:32/mile average pace. While running I saw a couple jogging and the man was doing so barefoot. His steps appeared so light and easy I can now see why many in the running community advocate for barefoot running. I personally don't think I'll be doing it, but sometime this year I'd like to transition to less shoe. Though I love my Vomero's I can see that they are a bit heavy and control my foot motion more than I want them to. I think I'll get some Nike Frees to start my transition down to less shoe.

Saturday Easy Run by lkwheel at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: