Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FL Vacation Run #1

I must have walked 10 miles over the last two days - carrying my almost four year old daughter for 5 of them. I am also getting a cold. Note to everyone, if you have a biting your nails habit break it before you go to a theme park - gross. So, I got up around 6:45 am and gulp down a glass of water. I did not feel too good, but my race is in less than a month - up and at 'em.

I do a warmup run up to the club house for the vacation home association and proceed to run through every cul-de-sac and side street of the development. It was cold for an April morning in Florida, but a far cry from the horrible lows of the past winter. Five miles later, I stop, walk a little bit then practice my running form with a brisk jog back to my unit. Another successful training run complete. My goal of a sub-eight minute mile pace accomplished.

Stats:
  • Mile 1 - 8:13
  • Mile 2 - 8:02
  • Mile 3 - 7:58
  • Mile 4 - 7:57
  • Mile 5 - 7:38
  • Total - 5.01 miles, Elevation 579 ft, Avg Pace 7:57 min/mi

No comments: