Friday, April 3, 2009

15 miles through the Dark Knight

Because I am going to Disney tomorrow I wanted to get my long run out of the way tonight. I was supposed to do 20 miles, but I had to settle for 15 miles on the treadmill. I got home from work after dropping off the dry cleaning and picking up dinner intending to eat a little something and jump on the treadmill for a "marathon session." I set up my laptop to watch the Dark Knight DVD while I run. I was striving for a 9 min/mi pace for the whole 20 miles.

I did well through the first ten, but by mile 11 I knew I was in trouble. I started have a pain like a side stitch, but in the front of my belly. I slowed down so that the pain wasn't so intense and regathered myself to keep going. The movie ended and my two younger children were having an intense game of laundry basket basketball that combined with the fact that the treadmill had started to feel slippery with sweat and I decided to call it off after 2:21:51 - 15 miles on the treadmill, my longest treadmill run ever.

No comments: