Friday, July 31, 2009

The Summer has been good so far...

I am getting a lot of good runs in recently. I wake up and do my run. That is something I can't normally do because my wife has to leave for work so early during the school year and I have got to get the kids ready for school before going to work myself. But, recently I just wake up grab my shoes and get out there.

The weather around the country has been hot in some places, but mostly the DC Metro area has been cool for July. So good weather and a less constrictive schedule have really had an effect on my treadmill. I haven't used it since I don't know when.

My paces are pretty steady, I see that I need to focus in order to keep my speed up when running more than seven miles. Not a whole lot of time left until the next marathon, but I expect to start peaking soon. I am running 5 days a week and averaging about 7.0 mph. I've put in 95 miles in the last 30 days. This weekend is an 8 mile marathon pace run followed by an 11 mile "long slow distance" run. I'm putting it together.

No comments: