Thursday, March 6, 2008

605.462 - Homework #3 Web Notebook - Part 2

My original question may have been a little immature. I wanted to know what effect the growth of the computer/information science industry had on the annual income of other industry workers. After a little analysis, I found that this might be difficult to represent in my visualization.

I think that I will now try to show if there is a correlation between the number of employees in computer and mathematical occupations and the salaries paid to them.

HYPOTHESIS
My hypothesis is that States with higher numbers of these types of employees pay them higher wages due to greater competition.

A possibly more interesting question is what major categories show a positive correlation (possibly due to competition) an which States show negative correlations (possibly due to over saturation)?

No comments: